Springtime is upon us which means that summer is around the corner. The days are getting longer and the temperature is getting hotter. Before summer is in full swing utilize the springtime not only for spring cleaning but to prepare your vehicle for the hot months to come. To help you prepare Eurasian Auto Repair has prepared a springtime auto maintenance checklist:
- Battery Check – Extreme temperatures can be tough on your battery and minimize your car’s battery life. Avoid getting stranded on a hot San Antonio summer day test your battery now.
- Charging System Check – Just like temperatures can affect your car’s battery they can also take a toll on your car’s charging system. If your alternator is not charging the battery properly you could get stuck out in the heat.
- Tire Check – It’s important to check your tire pressure to ensure that you are getting a smooth ride and optimum gas mileage. It is important to check all of your tires including your spare. You should also ask about tire rotation.
- Fluid Check – With the added summer heat you will want to ensure that your car is properly filled with coolant. If you are running low you run the risk of your car overheating.
- AC Check – To keep you cool and comfortable on the road on the warmer days it is important to have your AC system inspected for performance.
- Brake Check – You should have your vehicle’s brake system inspected at least once a year. This includes inspection of the thickness of the pads, rotors, calipers, master cylinder and control modules. Along with the inspection, you will want to have your brake system flushed.
Don’t let your car be another spring cleaning and maintenance worry. Call Eurasian Auto Repair at (210)490-6552 to schedule your springtime checkup.
Eurasian Auto Repair Proudly Serving San Antonio, Since 1988!