Eurasian Auto Repair Alternator Services
Your vehicle's alternator is an important part of your automotive charging system. The automotive charging system is made up of two major components: the battery and an alternator. The alternator recharges the battery which provides voltage to the electrical components of the vehicle such as the interior and exterior lights, and the instrument panel. If you are experiencing flickering headlights, stalling or strange noises when driving you may be encountering a failing alternator. Check out these 5 signs of a failing alternator:
- The indicator light: Most vehicles are equipped with a warning light titled "ALT","GEN" or “Battery” built into the dashboard. This warning light is the typically the first indication that your alternator or battery is failing. You should not ignore this light even if it is the only symptom you are experiencing.
- Headlights are dim or flickering: Your vehicle’s battery is responsible for providing power to your headlights so if they are flickering or appearing dim this is an indication that your battery could be struggling to work. If your battery is struggling the alternator could be the problem.
- Other electrical failures: The battery also provides power to your vehicle's power windows, power locks, dashboard lights, air condition and radio. If any of these start to act up they may be a warning sign to a weak battery or failing alternator.
- Car stalls or has difficulty starting: Your car does not run on gasoline alone it also runs on electricity and as we know your vehicle's alternator is an important part in your vehicle's charging system. So if your car is having difficulty starting or is stalling this could be an indication that your alternator is not charging the battery.
- Battery dies: A battery can sometimes fail on its own, but a faulty alternator can actually drain the battery because the alternator is not properly recharging it. It is also possible for your alternator to overcharge the battery and cause it to fail. If your battery dies make sure to have your alternator checked when replacing the battery so it won’t happen again.
Replacing an alternator in either a foreign or domestic vehicle is affordable and will certainly not break the bank. If you're experiencing any of the 5 signs of your alternator going out call us. Eurasian Auto Repair is recognized as one of the top San Antonio Auto Repair Shops and look forward to helping you.
Make an Appointment