During the summer months, it is not only important to keep yourself and your family cool. It is also very important to keep your vehicle's engine cool. That is why Eurasian Auto Repair has put together a list of things to do when your vehicle is running hot and overheating.
What is running hot? This is when your vehicle's temperature gauge is higher than normal but is not in the red. To avoid your vehicle's engine reaching the red and overheating follow these steps.
- The very first thing you should do in this case is to shut off the air condition and roll down the windows. Your vehicle's AC can put an extra strain on the engine, so by turning it off you are releasing it of some hard work.
- The next thing you may want to do is turn on the heater full blast. The heater will help move heat away from the engine.
What is overheating? This is what your vehicle’s temperature gauge reaches the red section. To avoid very costly damage to your vehicle's engine follows the steps below.
- The very first thing you should do when your car reaches the red immediately find a safe place to pull over and turn off the engine.
- Once the engine is off you will want to pop open the hood, but do not open it with your hands as you may risk burning yourself. Allow the vehicle at least 30 minutes before handling the hood and anything underneath it.
- Once your car has overheated it is not recommended to drive it within a few hours and if you do drive it again it should only be for a very short period of time. Driving an overheating vehicle can cause major engine damage and can cost you thousands of dollars.
- Call a tow truck and have your car towed to a trusted auto repair facility. Here at Eurasian Auto Repair we can diagnose the root of the problem and get your vehicle repaired and back on the road in no time.
If you are noticing that your car has been running hot or your car has overheated give us a call.
Make an Appointment